Increase Your Home’s Value
How to Increase Your Home's Market Value for $0.00 Out of Your Pocket
Pacific Beach Real Estate, Mission Beach Real Estate, San Diego County Real Estate
Unless your home shows at its very best, it can cost you hundreds, perhaps even thousands of dollars on the sale. You may also be faced with waiting an extended time to even receive an offer.
Fortunately, you don´t have to spend a fortune to get your home ready to sell. Some repairs may be necessary such as fixing faulty plumbing or painting but, there are several very important things that you can do for nothing out-of-pocket that will make sure your home shines.
- Make rooms appear larger by packing away extra furniture and knickknacks.
- Clean out closets so everything appears orderly. Most people demand neatness in a home they intend to buy even if their residence is a mess.
- Always keep your blinds and draperies open and your windows sparkling clean to let as much natural light into your home as possible.
- Make sure your kitchen is spotless. Rid clutter from countertops and organize your drawers and cabinets. Buyers will look inside.
- Clean the refrigerator. Remove magnets with coupons and your child´s artwork.
- Make sure all floors are as clean as possible. Wax wood floors, shampoo carpets, bleach the grout in tile floors, if necessary.
- Dust everything in sight, clean dead insects from light fixtures, and polish mirrors.
- Clean the oven, broiler, and vent hood.
- Make sure bathrooms are spotless. Hang your best towels. Clean all fixtures.
- Prune all plants. Throw out dead and dying plants.
- Take down offensive posters or artwork from your teen´s rooms and put away all toys in younger children´s rooms.
- Make sure your utility room is clean. Don´t let laundry stack up.
- Clean the garage thoroughly.
- Mow the yard and keep it well watered. Edge sidewalks.
- Weed any flowerbeds and trim trees and shrubs, if needed. Uproot dead flowers, plants and shrubs.
- Sweep all sidewalks, patios and porches. Remove any stains from the driveway and sidewalk.
- Remove any rusted swing sets or patio furniture that looks shabby and beyond repair.
- Put away all toys, bikes, roller-blades, etc.
- Make sure that pets are kept out of the way and pet areas are clean and odor free.
- Repair broken sprinkler heads.
- Water the lawn only very early in the morning or late in the evening.
- Clean the roof and gutters.
- Repair a broken or sagging fence. Make sure that the fence opens and closes without having to use excess force.
- Fix the doorbell if it´s broken and make sure that the front door is free of debris and dirt, as well as opens and closes with ease.
- Move firewood off the ground and away from the house. Otherwise, the area may be noted as conducive to termites or fire ants in a termite inspection.
- Park cars down the street during showings.
For additional recommendations and advice on how to enhance the "saleability" of your home, I invite you to please call me for a Free consultation. I would also be happy to conduct a Free market analysis of your home at your convenience. I look forward to helping you achieve satisfaction and financial success in the sale of your home